Start IDManager and login as a BioStore Super User or Administrator.
1. Click on the person to be enrolled and select theicon from the toolbar.
2. The Enrolment window will appear. Selectfrom the menu.
Your finger must be placed in the centre of the scanner.
Keep your finger flat on the scanner.
3. Place the finger to be used for enrolment on the scanner, and an icon will be displayed (after about 2 seconds), along with a percentage figure which reflects the quality of the finger scan. The finger needs to be placed a total of three times in order to get the most reliable results. If the quality of the scan is too low, you will be prompted to try again.
4. This step depends on your configuration. One-finger enrolment should be set up, the finger scan will now be saved to the user's record. If you have two finger enrolment set up, you can either clickto save the scan, or scan a second finger if you're using a two-finger authentication option (note tat the second finger does not act as an alternative authentication, rather as part of a two step authentication).
Once the above steps have been completed, the user's finger enrolment is complete.
If you're getting very poor quality results, clean the scanner and try again. If the poor results continue and a successful scan can't be achieved, lower the quality requirements using the dropdown list above the enrolment box (This should only be used on a small number of records otherwise the chance of incorrect matches increases).
To check that the user is enabled for finger authentication, go to and ensure Finger(F) is included in the Access option.
Having trouble enrolling a finger?
- Make sure the finger is positioned directly over the scanner window and press down firmly
- Cover the scanner from any direct light source
- Clean the scanner and try again
- Try a different finger/thumb
- Ensure the finger is warm and try again
- The finger might be dry. Get the person to wipe it across their palm (or forehead for best results) and try again